What is this?

Being her DadI’m Pera. I’ve been a rapper and a writer since 16, and a bank manager since I was 26. My selfish need to write things down is 10% of why this website exists. It’s called Being her Dad because that’s what the other 90% is. Me being her dad, and telling her the things I want her to know. The other things I want her to know about, like Shoebox Christmas, Stationery Starter Packs, and stories/thoughts are over here.

 

 

That’s my daughter, HBeing her dad
A bit over a year ago I started being her dad.  She’s the reason I forked out the $11 for this URL instead of just writing the stuff down and losing it. I want to keep  a record of all the cute and ridiculous things she gets up to as she grows up so I can show her in 12 years when Instagram gets sold to a digital camera company and Facebook goes bust. I also wanted somewhere to keep the lessons and other things I’ve learnt in life for her to read when that stuff starts to matter, so I’ve typed them in ‘letters’ for her. Why share those thoughts/letters with you and the world? Just in case it adds value to your life,  I don’t know a lot, but there might be stuff in there you haven’t had a chance to come across in your own life yet, and if I’ve been through it, I would be selfish not to share it.

Being her dad< This is my wife Danielle.

Co-parent number one and general awesome contributor to life and society. A couple of months ago I started being her husband. Her and the other new parents like us are the other half of what this blog is for. I’ll talk about the stuff we learn (or fail to learn) as we go through it. You might not learn anything from our mistakes, but you can laugh at/with us as we stumble down the teddy bear and bottle strewn hallway of first-time-parenthood. If I’m writing anything that sounds like advice I’ve either talked to some parents that actually know what they’re doing/what they’ve done, or I’ll put a disclaimer there to remind you my 18 months experience should tell you I don’t know a damn thing about parenting yet.

 

Being her DadAnd this is my mum > 

Super strong, smart, creative and inspiring. She would rather I just kept a better journal than a dad blog. But I’m better at typing than I am at handwriting sorry mum. She’s also my source of truth when it comes to parenting, she’s done it, I think she did a pretty good job. So when we get into the real stuff I’ll be asking her.

Facebook Comments